….anyone chasing the good life…😉 I am neither, for I am literally from nowhere and that makes me a ‘Nowerian’…😀
Delightful chocolate and believing in…..live and let live…
I read that if you don’t have much to say you should not post. I think the words used were posting superficially is equivalent to hundreds of chattering monkeys, making up glib statements about nothing. A good example for me to follow, as I know I post a lot. But since I am not teaching, guiding, promoting, or selling anything, my jibberings could best be described as wandering thoughts of a slightly off-balanced person. On the other hand, if I did develop a deep seated desire to share my journey from say, being a boring middle-aged woman to Renaissance Bloggess, with a big story to tell, I will feel an obligation to take my readers into the nooks and crannies of my mind. Describing my life, baring some of my soul, revealing something of myself. Presenting the ideas of others with relevant insights. I would not necessarily prescribe, and tell people what they have to do, to become like me (perish the thought), rather I would describe what happened, what made Ms Nina do it! But that’s not going to happen. Not in this blog life.
That said….it is unlikely, for example, that I am going to find God. But if and when I do, it will be my private business. Unlike some who have found him and feel some great compulsion to preach, simply because they been saved. Honestly, if it were me…who had found my saviour, trust me, I would be so ecstatic about not going to hell, that I would just want to make sure I stay on the straight and narrow and not meddle with other non-Godly folks, and I certainly would not feel the need to try and change anyone, or look down upon them and their sinful life, for that will be a waste of my time and energy. I would be so acutely aware of how long it took me to become ‘born-again’ the last thing I would want is to be robbed of my happiness by dealing with all the unhappy, unsuccessful unsaved losers out there. Don’t you agree? It seems logical to me.
If it happened, as long as the Jesus I prayed to gave me a husband, especially a non-cheating one, who also happens to have a healthy bank account, who dotes on me, who doesn’t demand I pull my share of financial weight, who does not mind my non-existent waistline, who says to me and means it ‘mi case su casa’….I will not have time to be judge and jury over the less fortunate sinners! Seriously. The truth is, if I did find true joy through some sudden encounter with divine holiness I personally, would take the opportunity to quiet my soul and just rest and bask in the heavenly glow. It would not bother my happy soul one bit if people were laughing or bad-talking me. For I would ask myself these questions. Do they have a hot-line to heaven like I have? No! Are they married and happy like me? No! Do they have their entire days free to eat, love and prayer instead of working a dead-end job like me? No. Why then, would I not count my endless blessings and stop griping about others?
So in ending, let me pledge now. I promise the universe IF I find what I want, I will refrain from being an over-bearing, unkind, passive-aggressive person on social media and in real life. I am nowhere near religiously accomplished as many folks out there so my ratty behaviour is just a reflection of my bad soul. My advice to you born-againers, is simple: you lucky devils have no reason to take on the unsaved. Be full of grace. Be happy. Count your blessings, chances are you will counting these new found blessings for a long, long time considering the sinful life you left behind. In other words, stop pretending to be full of grace, and just be grace. If it were me, and I was struggling like many of you evidently are with cultivating grace, here is what I would do. I would actively pursue foot-washing. Yes washing other people’s feet (as Jesus did). In fact Sunday service should include this as part of the worship programme. Feet washing. That way the ‘saved ones’ would learn that washing other people’s feet is preferable to washing their mouths on other people. Sinners or no sinners.
Have a blessed life!😉
We tend to have these little chats at breakfast time, my partner and I. We are both too ‘old’ to take up the new habits of reading our phone screens because neither of us have proper social media accounts. He thinks Facebook is an online surveillance security system and he cannot remember the word ‘selfie’ so he says ‘selfish’ instead. ‘That’s a nice selfish’ …he would say, and I dutifully correct him…’you mean selfie’! 😞 So yesterday, the question of writing came up. Are you a writer, he asked. Without hesitation, knowing it might well be a trick question, I quickly said no. I’m a talker!😳 A conversationalist maybe?!?😣🤔
But I told him, lots of people consider themselves writers…social media style..
Well, he said, look at it like this:
I’m a driver. I know I’m a very good driver. I have driven all over the world, in all sorts of conditions. I enjoy it. I never had an accident in my decades of driving. I’m good. I have the confidence to drive anywhere. But that does not mean I can call myself a professional driver. I can’t drive like a fast and powerful racing car, with the skill of a trained professional.
It’s the same with writing and the plethora of writers out there. What they like, or have a love for, and can do, at a certain level, like blogging, does not make them a ‘writer’, book or no book, blog or log!!!
Ok, ok I said! I got it! 😰 Don’t you have somewhere to go, where your good driving skills will take you?!?🙃
- Don’t be a mani-pedi fanatic. Over-polished is over-the-top.😰There is also a difference between ‘claws’ and nails. You are not airborne, nor do you have to forage for food using your talons.🐉 Lose the claws…💅🏿
- Glitter, tulle, jersey, clingy fabric call unnecessary attention to parts of your body that more often than not, needs to keep a low profile.😾
- Wear your clothes, don’t let the clothes wear you.🌹
- Try to do ‘vintage’ in a good way and choose your eras carefully. The 80’s were not good fashion years. They were positively horrifying .😭
- Be humourous, playful, but don’t cross the thin line between fun and clownish…🙊🃏
- Big hair, big eyebrows, big eyelashes…all together is a no-no!😱Think of your face like a meal…it’s all about balance!
- The best accessory, apart from your personality…. are your shoes! Nothing says ‘style’ like a great pair. However, ‘dress’ your feet to suit….meaning those neglected areas like toes, heels, that sometime could let the entire ensemble down just because you forgot to plaster up the cracks on your heels, or hide the fungus discolouring on your toes, cover them. Flats, slingbacks, sandals, courts, wedges, kitten heels, or stilettos, boots, or even wellies👑👠👡👢….there are choices for all kinds of feet!🤗
- Avoid seams in your trousers…that is so last century!😬
- Lip liners….where to start?!?😫 Suffice it to say your lip liner colour should blend with your lipstick 💄👄and not look like a dark smudge as if someone smacked you one!!!🙈
- Matchy-matchy screams EFFORT! Matching shoes, matching bag, matching belt, matching lipstick and nail varnish.😩 You’re not a box of matches, you’re a work of art!🎨
- PS. I still love dolls!!!